Thursday, September 21, 2006

In other exciting news......

Lola signed more for the first time today. I really haven't worked much on signing with her except when she is on the potty. I have a sign book and we go through a lot of books during our 15 min potty stops. I asked her if she wanted more apple and did the sign and she did it right back. It amazes me how fast they change and learn at this age.

She is loving her baby dolls a lot. Besides books, cats and being outside, these are the next best thing. Its so sweet to see her love on them and stroll them around.

We are back in swim class and she enjoys it even more now. The bad thing is when we get in, she doesn't want to be held onto. So we go through this power struggle for the first 5 minutes. Last week at the end of the class, we were in the very shallow end and she pulled away from me and fell backwards under water. I swear it was like slow motion. Her eyes were wide open and she was terrified looking up at me under the water. She was shaken up for about 30 seconds, then she was back to trying to get away from me. Scared me more than her I think.

We go to get her development checked at a local preschool tomorrow. Should be interesting...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Good luck tomorrow!

I love watching the girls play with the dolls - in a few short years, you'll hear her talking to them the way you do. (not swearing - I mean the other stuff) It's so sweet, and kind of an eye opener. I know they mimic us, but it's still really neat to see.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Cerella said...

I'm soo excited that you are signing with Lola!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Tessa slipped underwater in our kiddie pool once and the same thing happened...the slow motion terror, eyes wide open, etc. I almost shat myself I was so frightened. Of course she was fine, but jeez.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Here is where I am now: www.theshizzlelife.com. Just wanted to let you know! It's been a huge mess.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home