Monday, April 24, 2006

Shock and Awe

Well I said bye bye to my 20's on Thursday. It is weird hitting 30. It seems not long ago 30 seemed so old:)

Paul pulled the wool over my eyes and surprised me. Shocked me rather. I was thinking we were going out to eat with my friendsCerella and John and as we entered the restaurant there were four more friends seated waiting for us. I was shocked. I've never had a surprise party before. Actually I don't like surprises but this was pleasant at least. Damn I'm finding it so hard to type right now. I've had a couple of glasses of blueberry wine(bday gift from my friend David). It is so good. So long story short I was shocked more people came to celebrate my bday and that they had kept it a secret from me. Then as I'm saying I forgot the camera, Paul whips out a brand new one for my bday! Very nice, I really didn't expect gifts. He is such a good husband:) Cerella and John got me the Postsecret book along with a $30 gift card to TJ Maxx(my fav store). I've already spent it:) Got new pjs. Thanks so much Cerellla!! Dave got me blueberry wine and a massage gift certificate. Jason and Jodi got a card and well James just showed up which was totally cool since he had to take off work to join us. We had a delicious meal at Porter's. We had some mussels in a yummy tomato sauce and crab cakes for the appetizer. I had a Chivas Regal and sprite and then a Knob Creek/sprite for my beverage. Then my entree was a rare filet with sugar snap peas and a salad. Dessert was cheesecake. Then on to Katz to have a chocolate/raspberry martini:) YUM! And one bday shot of kahlua,baileys, and crown. We left around 10:30 to get home to the titmouse. My mom came up from southern IL to keep her. She was up rocking with grandma when we got home. She went to sleep easily but then woke up wanting a booby, so mom just rocked with her until we got back. It was nice to get out and not have to worry about Lo but by the end of the night I was missing her. It was sweet to see her smiling face when we got home. Mom fixed me an ice cream dessert equivalent to crack for me. It has an oreo crust, then vanilla ice cream, then fudge sauce with nuts on top. Just heavenly:)Ok so im gonna show my face for the sake of showing my wonderful hubby and my cool friends:0) and to show you just how bad I need to get my groove back. 60 lbs aint pretty on me--I digress.

old pics to new, well hell i think blogger just puts them where ever and i dont have to energy to screw with fixing then so fat me are the new pics you get it.....







4 Comments:

Blogger Ahleyanna said...

your not fat! you really arent. and i(not i matter) think your beautiful. now i know why lil miss lola is so purrty. and besides lotsa shit changes after baby. whether its gaining(most people) or losing(me) weight, people have problems. it will get better^^ Oh, and Happy Birthday!! miss tamara just had hers a lil bit ago. april seems to be birthday central ^^

9:31 PM  
Blogger Cerella said...

I'm soo proud of you that you put all of those pics on here but you need to edit me out of that one where I'm in the background!!!! Agh! In the last picture, you look like you could work at Hooters! haha You are an OFFICIAL member of the BTC now! For those of you who are wondering...BTC is The Big Tittie Committee!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday! Lola looks just like you huh??

10:08 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy BIRTHDAY! I hated turning 30. I'm ok now...now I'm scared of 40. Oy vey!

It looks like you had a blast - what a great thing for your husband to do! :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home